Sunday, October 09, 2011

Hunger

(2009) ***

Considering the torture and torment that is on my plate this season, Hunger nestled into the line up quite nicely. This very demented individual, who himself had been faced with a do or die situation as a child, kidnaps 5 people and traps them in an old underground cellar of sorts. He leaves them plenty of water in huge barrels, but there is no food. He waits and watches in the comfort of his home, via infrared cameras placed throughout the cellar. The only supplies they have are water cups and a knife designed to cut flesh. He waits patiently as the group grows hungry and desperate, they all know what he wants, it’s just a matter of time before someone cracks and turns on their fellow man. This is a pretty good predicament flick, predictable for the most part, but still good. You can just imagine the stench in that basement, nasty. The trouble I generally have with these films is that they are usually draggy. I was pleasantly surprised to find this one moved along quite well, with a nice little twist at the end too.

5 comments:

JPX said...

"This is a pretty good predicament flick" You said the magic word, baby! You know that I loves me a good predicament story! This sounds right up my alley, nice find.

Catfreeek said...

You bet it is JPX, and it's gory too which made it right up my alley too!

Octopunk said...

It sounds like that show Survivor, only interesting.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

JPX sure loves his predicament flicks! Another curious find Catfreeek.

DKC said...

Predicament films make me tense! Although I guess that's the idea.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...