Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Warlock III: The End of Innocence


(1999) **

Ok, not even the original warlock. This guy is played by Bruce Payne, and its a whole different story full of a fresh bunch of douche bags. Oh! and the main character is Ashley Laurence(Kirsty from Hellraiser). See a theme here between the Warlock and Hellraiser movies? They are sharing! Don't get me wrong, I like Bruce Payne. He always plays a great bad guy and a guy who inherits a fishy-peopled house in "Necronomicon: Book of the Dead". But Julian Sands will always be the original warlock to me.
Ashley Laurence plays a girl that inherits a house that has been in her family for centuries. Her college roommates accompany her to collect anything of value from the house before its condemned. The warlock comes by pretending to be an interested architect and plays with her friends one by one.He's just so damn nosy!

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I hate it when main villains get replaced in franchises. The Elm Street remake would have been much more acceptable if Robert Englund was rehired.

Octopunk said...

Hmm. I agree with you in principal, JSP, but not with that example. I bet Englund's face is all droopy now and it would be weird, like watching Brent Spiner trying not to be fat.

Great review, Abby! "They are sharing!" Hilarious. As was "Julian Sands will always be the original warlock to me." The series is lucky to have you.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Every time I scroll by this review that damn Don Henley song pops up in my head. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...