Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Laid to Rest



(2009) **1/2

A young woman wakes up in a casket with no recollection of who she is or how she ended up in such a predicament. After escaping from the coffin she finds herself being pursued by Chrome Skull, a frightening killing machine who is the only person who can tell her about her identity. As he hunts her down he leaves numerous corpses in his wake.



Laid to Rest is an extremely generic, subpar slasher that has little going for it beyond some pretty decent special effects. Surprisingly graphic, gore-hounds won’t be disappointed, however the story is somewhat bland and despite looking kind of cool we never learn much about the killer’s back-story or motivation. I’ve been wracking my brain in an attempt to find more to say about Laid to Rest but I keep coming up empty. I think I’m just tried of the slasher genre, it does nothing for me. Give me ghosts or some found footage and I’m good to go. Entirely forgettable.

4 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I gave this 1/2 star more than you in ratings. I enjoyed the gore.

Would it be okay to bump up to 3 reviews a day at this point, so we can get them all out before the cut off?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Chrome Skull looks pretty cool. He's like Destro from GI Joe.

I have no problem with that Catfreeek.

Catfreeek said...

Thanks JSP

Octopunk said...

I was gonna say that Chrome Skull seems a pretty lame-o slasher, like a third generation Jason/Cenobite derivative. I think the comparison to Destro just strengthens my point.

Seconded, Cat.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...